MainStreet Dance offers dance exams in many dance styles. These exams are held by the British Association of Teachers of Dancing. The BATD is the first dance association created in Scotland in 1892 and has members worldwide. Exams will be held in Jazz, Tap, Ballet, Modern, and Hip Hop. Exams may be completed by any student ages 5 and up with permission of their teacher.
Exams help students to:
- gain a sense of achievement
- have a better understanding of the discipline involved in dance
- focus on the execution of steps and techniques
- work harder in class and practice more
- have good retention and memorization of steps and combinations
- have a better understanding of how to perform
- deal with pre-performance nervousness
Exams are taken in the following levels:
Starlight: Level 1, Level 2
Medals: First Steps, Pre-Bronze, Bronze, Silver, Gold, Blue Ribband, British Medallion, British Award, Premier Award, Annual Award.
Grades: Pre-primary, Primary, Grade 1, Grade 2, Grade 3, Grade 4, Grade 5, Elementary, Intermediate, Advanced.
Professionals: Teachers (Associate), Teachers (Membership), Examiner (Fellowship)
Teacher Training Programs
MSD offers teacher-training programs for students ages 16 and up. This is a two-year program where students learn theory, anatomy, syllabus, take their exams plus assist in a dance class working on class planning. To take the teachers-training program students must be a minimum of 16 years of age, have taken up to Elementary Level in their preferred course of study or have an assessment. For more information please contact the studio at email@example.com